lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2014

"In your presence; that´s where I am strong: in Your presence, O Lord, my God.
In Your presence; that´s where I belong: seeking Your face; touching Your grace
In the cleft of the Rock...in Your presence O God.
I want to go where the rivers cannot overflow me; where my feet are on the Rock.
I want to hide where the blazing fire cannot burn me; in your presence O God.
I want to hide where the flood of evil cannot reach me: where I´m covered by the blood.
I want to be where the schemes of darkness cannot touch me; in Your presence O God.
You are my firm foundation. I trust in You all day long.
I am Your child and Your servant, and you are my Strength and my Song. You´re my Song.
Seeking Your face; touching Your grace in the cleft of the Rock.
In Your presence O God. In Your presence. In Your presence O God."
Isaiah 8:12 says, "Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy and do not fear what they fear."  (NIV)
Judges 6:10 (NKJV) says, "Do not fear the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell."
I have known, and sensed, and seen from the time that I was small that to fear is to worship.  When I fear something, I say that whatever I fear is the largest thing that exists: that nothing is bigger or able to stop it.  I therefore worship that thing, in the sense that it becomes magnified in my life.  That's why I love this song: "I want to hide where the flood of evil cannot reach me: where I'm covered by the blood."  There is a place in the Lord where I hide all that I am and all that I hope to be, and nothing can destroy my trust in Him.  I watched a movie the other night where the lead actor says, "Do not be mistaken.  Danger is real.  Fear is not."
Fear--dreading what will come; creating in my head the scenarios I'm afraid to see play out--will in and of themselves paralyze me and cause an affect far greater than what the scenario itself could cause.  "How do I then become unafraid?" is our cry.  How to stop the tape that plays over and over in our heads?  If fear acts as faith (speaking what will be, and many times bringing those things which I fear to pass by affecting how I operate), then I must have faith in something even greater, and let THAT be the tape which plays constantly in my head.
  "Perfect love casts out fear." Therein lies the answer.  We must become so in love with Him--so secure in His Presence, that we trust that there is nothing that can come where He will not stand by us.  There is no circumstance that can alter His love or His care.  He has thought of everything--taken each factor into account--and He is walking beside me.  What, then, should I be afraid of?  Famine; nakedness; peril; loss; illness; pain; persecution; even death: He has taken them all into consideration and overcome them all.  Even in death, He has provided the ultimate victory; there is nothing that can win as long as, deep inside myself, I do not let the worship of His greatness stop; I do not allow myself to become focused on other, lesser "gods."  They are powerless to save, and even more powerless to destroy; the Creator of all the Universe knows my name, and loves me, and will make a way for me at every step.  No matter what happens around me, in His love, even in death, in Him, I've won.
In this same movie, there were creatures that could only find the humans through the human fear.  As long as the person remained calm, that person remained invisible.  I want to confuse the devil.  I want him to stop and listen for my tears, and faint away at hearing a song that no scheme of hell can silence.  I want my every breath, even in my weeping, to worship Him; I want there to be no doubt, at any moment, in Whom I have put my trust.  This doesn't mean that we will not have trials or tribulations, or that they will not take our breath away, at times.  But even breathless, let us wait, and trust, and hope and praise.  He is faithful, and He will ever faithful be.  And that....is enough.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario