viernes, 15 de agosto de 2014

Psalm 121

Bottom of Form
"Lord, when I look at You, my tears just melt away; a peace comes over me and I don't feel afraid.
Lord, when You look at me, I know I'm not alone; my spirit soars above the pain my heart has known.
Hold me; don't let me go. I need You with all my soul. There is nothing I will face without the grace to see me through when I look at You. Lord, when I look at You, the world becomes so small.
 The burdens that I carry: I can let them fall. When You look at me, I know that I am safe. 
You're closer than my very breath and help me pray. Hold me; don't let me go. I need You with all my soul. There is nothing I will face without the grace to see me through when I look at You. When I look at You. When You look at me. When I look at You." --Kathy Troccoli
Today, an amazing (for me) thing happened.  When I pulled out of the parking lot for my lunch break at work, I saw all of Stone Mountain from a distance across the way.  Because Stone Mountain is further away and usually hidden by the smog or the clouds, I don’t see it unless I’m at a certain part down-town.  That in and of itself was amazing, but what really took my breath away for a moment is that I spent all last night hearing over and over in my spirit, “I lift my eyes to the hills from where my help comes.  My help comes from the Lord, Maker of Heaven and earth.”  Can you remember being very small, and seeing someone come to get you from the nursery at church, or day-care, or kindergarten?  You feel that all is right with the world; you feel safe and protected in the "roller coasters" of life; someone bigger than you is observing you in your “environment,” and you feel their pride in you, and their strength taking care of you.  Suddenly, you are lifted from childish squabbles, or waiting to go home and eat, or a feeling of unfamiliarity and longing for a “familiar” face.  As the castaway says arriving, finally, rescued and home, “LAND!”
There is so much going on around us.  From Gaza to Iraq; from Africa to Costa Rica; there are frightening situations and thousands lost waiting for an answer.  Our situations pale in comparison to famine, and plague, and war, and, yet, to the husband or wife waiting for a spouse to come home after a sudden abandonment; for children longing for their parents to stop fighting; for a single mother or father wondering how to pay the bills, each situation is just as relevant and just as unique to the world of that person facing it “alone.”  Then, for a brief moment, we catch a glimpse of God’s greatness; we feel a sense of His nearness.  A gentle touch; a kind word; a timely provision pulls us out of our misery to say, “Lift your eyes to the hills.  He has not forsaken you.  He will not abandon you.  Even in the valley of the shadow of death, you are passing through; this will not have the final word.”  Even in death, for those that believe, there is a resurrection.  There is nothing that can happen that He has not accounted for; He has won, and His eyes are upon us.
May you look to Him, today. May you feel His arms around you.  “He is here; holy; holy.  He is here.  Amen.  He is here.  Hallelujah.  I will bless His Name, again.  He is here.  Listen closely; hear Him calling out your name.  He is here. You can touch Him.  You will never be the same.” (Gaither vocal band)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario