jueves, 7 de agosto de 2014

"Melody's Song"

Keith Green ("Melody's Song"): "You wanna' love with me; love with me, then.  I only ask that you still be my friend.  For there are many with friendships unknown.  They live together, but really, alone, and the days go their ways in silence...tense hours of woe.  We do not mean to have it so.  I know that sometimes, I'm harder to love.  I thrash out blindly like nothing thought of. So won't you help me, to help you be sure.  God only knows that I want to be pure, but the world keeps its promise to daily--oh, let me down, but it can't hide what I have found...And the days go their ways in blessings: moments of truth.  We truly dare not waste our youth."
Keith Green wrote this to his wife, Melody, back in the 70's, but I've been listening to it over and over.  Some days on the "mission field", I put it on repeat and cry as I sing along to it over and over...asking God to create a pure, loving heart in me.  This world lets us down; there are so many circumstances in which we find ourselves struggling to find direction or holding on with all we're worth waiting for the answers to come.  Why is it, in those moments, that we fight against those we love the most; against God, Himself, by asking if we can really trust Him?  We flounder and flail and lash out at those who are nearest and dearest to us much like the victims in the burn unit who recoil at even the slightest touch.
Meanwhile, all the time, God calls to us to turn to Him; whether we are 8 or 80, life is precious, and we truly, "Dare not waste our youth."  Each breath is fleeting: like the sand in the hour glass, each moment we live will never return again.  Do we want to waste those moments shouting; demanding our rights; willing the world to turn on "our command," and wishing each second away longing for things to be easier?  Or is there a way to, somehow, by faith, put our feet upon His--foot for foot--and let Him spin us around on the dance floor of life even as our tears spill upon His chest?  Can we dare to lift our faces to the wind and let the cool blast dry our cheeks; can we sing into the harsh breeze that tries to knock us down?
Psalm 46 says, in verses 4 through 11, "There is a river whose streams make glad the city of our God...God is in the midst of (us); we will not be moved.  God will help (us) just at the break of dawn. The nations raged; the kingdoms were moved.  He uttered His voice; the earth melted.  The Lord of Hosts is with us: the God of Jacob is our Refuge.  Come, behold the works of the Lord...He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth.  He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire.  Be still, and KNOW that I am God (or, in other words, "I am with you; I'm not going anywhere; rest; trust; I've got this").  I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth ("Let me be bigger than any problem; fear; anger or doubt you can name").  The Lord of Hosts IS with us; the God of Jacob IS our Refuge!" Amen!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario