viernes, 1 de agosto de 2014

Psalm 84

www.encounteringtheking.com
Psalm 84:5-7
"Blessed is the man whose strength is in You,whose heart is set on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring;
The rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength; Each one appears before God in Zion."
There is an old song which says, "There is a balm in Gilead that makes the wounded whole.  There is a balm in Gilead that frees the sin-sick soul.  If you can't sing like David, if you can't preach like Paul, just tell the world of Jesus and say He died for all."
As I travel, I look around and see the hurting.  It breaks my heart.  I want to weep, sometimes, like Jesus wept for Jerusalem when I see so many turning a fist towards Heaven when, all the while, God longs to gather us in His arms.  I have no explanation for suffering.  I have no explanation for painful circumstance.  I only know that I would rather go through trials with His arms around me; I would rather hear His song drown out the cry inside me than to walk each step pushing His love away.
Some brave "soldiers" are standing on the front lines taking hits for what they believe.  Some continue to praise Him knowing that their hearts are set on pilgrimage.  We stand, down here, and try to shine His light into the darkness, but this world is not our home.  We believe, and pray, and wait, and see His victory in even the smallest of things.  We lift our eyes up to the Heavens, where our help comes from when daily life knocks us off our feet.  He is faithful. He has made us more than conquerors.  He has risen, and so will we.
And in the midst of it, we pray for those who don't know Him.  We weep with them, and laugh with their joys.  We try to show by example that each one is not alone: each is important; valued; loved.  I'm beginning this blog as a means of encouraging both sinners and saints.  We have all been both, at times.  I write to say, "Let us share life.  Let us share hope.  Let us share freedom."  And when we can't sing, or preach, or stand very tall, in those moments, may every breath still say, "I'll tell the world of Jesus and say He died for all."


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario